2016 Assessment Summary - WINOFI - Waters In Need Of Further Investigation
- 2016 Assessment Summary
The state list of waters in need of further investigation is required by Iowa's Credible Data Law and is
comprised of waters in category 3b of Iowa's Integrated Report. WINOFI waters are those where
limited information suggests, but does not conclusively demonstrate, a water quality impairment.
For purposes of Integrated Reporting to USEPA, Iowa DNR's 3b subcategory is considered part of overall IR Category 3:
"Not Assessed" due to insufficient information for determining whether any use is met.
Note: Mouse over (or click on a mobile device) the icon for descriptions of those field values. Additional information can be found in the reference codex.
- Partially Supporting
- Not Supporting
- Recreation: Primary contact
- Recreation: Secondary contact
- Recreation: Children's contact
- Aquatic Life: Cold Water Type 1
- Aquatic Life: Cold Water Type 2
- Aquatic Life: Lakes and wetlands
- Aquatic Life: Warm Water Type 1
- Aquatic Life: Warm Water Type 2
- Aquatic Life: Warm Water Type 3
- Drinking Water
- Human Health
- Outstanding Iowa Water
- Use potentially impaired based on an evaluated assessment.
- Use potentially biologically impaired based on calibrated IBI metrics.
- Use potentially biologically impaired based on uncalibrated IBI metrics.
||Cause of Impairment