Notice Message

Water Use Program

Welcome to the Water Use Program's Online Permit System (OPS) webpage.

Online Permit System

To use OPS, you'll need to do one of the following:

Water Use Program

A water use permit is required of any person or entity that withdraws at least 25,000 gallons in a 24 hour period during any calendar year. The permit lists the amount of water allowed to be withdrawn each year by the permittee, and is valid for 10 years. A Water Use Permit requires that a water use report form be submitted annually to the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.

The Water Allocation and Use Program webpage contains the various forms, permit fees, and more information about the program.